<insert funny English accent > “Yessir, you like your food hot, spicy or Thai-Spicy? Yes yes, very vegetarian. It is fresh vegetables and pork!” </accent> God, I love Asia. Mijn favoriete Streetfood van Azie, here goes.
After being home for 3 weeks, the cheap street eats are probably one of the things I miss the most being back in Europe. And the sun. A lot of sun.
Don’t know what to eat? There’s favorite dishes and plenty of blogs out there to get you started. And if you can’t find anything and want to go cheap, just take a seat at one of those plastic little chairs with where the most locals eat and let them pick the dish for you. You won’t regret it. And Pro Biotics does wonders for the weak stomachs like mine…
Here’s my favorite foods, no particular order. And you should try them too. And when in Thailand, at least go for
medium spicy, hot spicy, Thai Spicy once. And take your selfie stick.
Column: Reclame is niet het probleem
1. Khao Sai, Chiang Mai, Thailand
2. Pho Bo, Everywhere in Vietnam
3. Bali Fried Pineapple Rice
4. Thai Red/Green Seafood Curry
5. Fish Amok, Cambodia
6. Ho Chi Minh Honey & Mango Spare Ribs
7. Yellow Thai Potato Curry
8. Chang Chang Chang!
9. Market Fruits, Vietnam
10. Greasy Morning Glory
Other local favorites
- Pad Thai (Thai style Fried Noodles), Everywhere
- Lawar Babi, Bali
- Mango Sticky Rice, Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Tom Yum Goong (Spicy Shrimp Soup), Thailand
- Lok Lak, Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Banana Pancakes, Ko Lanta, Thailand
- Bubur mengguh, Bali
- Any place that has plastic little chairs outside….